Selby Cycling Club – Omnium Awards 2017
The Omnium Award is a SCC award open to all full members. The Omnium is an annual award with medals presented at the SCC presentation night in November. Consequently the dates for qualifying events will be from 16th October 2016 to one month before the presentation evening (date to be confirmed).
The aim is to reward members for their cycling achievements outside of specific competitive events. It encourages improvement in performance but also participation in different types of cycling activities, eg get the roadies to go off-road or get the sportive types to compete against the clock in TT`s. To this end some of the events are grouped and only one event from a group will count toward the final award.
It also encourages participation in club activities both riding and volunteering. Without members giving up their time the club could not organise events for the benefit of members and the community. Therefore a medal can only be awarded to members who have undertaken one of the specified volunteering roles. These are not too onerous and there is enough opportunity throughout the year to ensue all members can fulfill the requirement. In each discipline cyclists aim to beat time, speed or distances targets in defined events to gain gold, silver or bronze awards. Some defined events have speed or time targets depending on age and sex. Others simply require that you to complete an event to qualify for a standard. To achieve a medal a rider must attain a qualifying standard in three different events from three different groups plus have undertaken a volunteering activity. The medal achieved will be the lowest of the best three events, eg, 10 TT Silver, 100K Sportive Silver and Audax Bronze, Bronze medal awarded.
The defined events are;
- Fastest ’10’ time (in any event, SCC or open, on a recognised CTT course) – Group A.
- Fastest ’25’ time (in any event, SCC or open, on a recognised CTT course) – Group A.
- Sportive 100Km (62 miles) or less (minimum distance 55Km), standards determined by average speed (Calculated on total elapsed time including any stops) – Group B.
- Sportive more than 100Km (62 miles), standards determined by average speed (Calculated on total elapsed time including any stops) – Group B.
- Long Distance (Audax) events. Standard established by completing events according to the distance required depending on age & sex (Please see guidance notes on undertaking an Audax) – Group C
- Road race or Criterium – Any BC registered event. (Non BC events may be eligible, please check with Omnium organiser) – Group D.
- Cyclo-cross race – Any recognised event. (Please check with Omnium organiser if proposed event/series qualifies) – Group E.
- Off road endurance events (CX or MTB). Standards achieved by completing mixed surface events of specified distances. (minimum distance 40Km) – Group E.
- Club Hill Climb. Time compared to scratch time on the day – Group F.
- Volunteering Duty. Mandatory requirement for award of medal.
Results must be verifiable, ie published results or official timing sheets (or GPS traces given prior notification). Submit results to Omnium organiser via e-mail email@example.com including date of birth, date and location of event and link to results web-site, GPS trace, etc. Please e-mail any queries to club e-mail address.